Alpharetta Methodist cares about the health and well-being of members of our church and community. Congregational Care ministries provide help when life becomes difficult, when you are going through a crisis or when you just need someone to listen.
The Legacy Ministry helps to educate adults of the importance of having an up-to-date will and estate plan. The Legacy Ministry also helps educate adults of opportunities to leave a legacy gift to the church and become a member of our Legacy Fellowship. In addition, the Legacy Ministry Committee oversees and administers the Endowment Fund. Learn more about Legacy Ministry, Legacy Fellowship and the Endowment Fund.
The Alpharetta Methodist Legacy Ministry Committee was formally established in November 2017. While part of the committee’s responsibility is to administer the Endowment Fund, its major focuses are:
- Emphasizing the need for adults of all ages to have a current, up-to-date will and an estate plan; and to provide information on the preparation of these to the members of the congregation.
- Stressing the opportunities for church members and constituents to make provisions for giving a legacy gift to Alpharetta Methodist by means of wills, annuities, trusts, life insurance, IRAs, etc. The “planned giving” legacy gift from your estate may be directed to the Endowment Fund or to ongoing operations or designated for specific ministries. Such planned giving honors God, supports this church’s future and reflects a lasting legacy of our values.
Giving a legacy gift to Alpharetta Methodist from your estate (planned giving) can take many forms and may not require a modification to your will. The easiest ways include:
- A bequest of a certain dollar amount from your will
- A bequest of a percentage of your estate
- A bequest of a specific asset
- A bequest of the residue of your estate
- A bequest of a percentage or dollar amount of your IRA.*
- A bequest of a percentage or dollar amount of your Life Insurance benefit.*
* May not require a modification to your will.
The Legacy Fellowship is composed of church members and friends who have indicated they have included Alpharetta Methodist in their wills or estate plans. Gifts may be made in honor or memory of a loved one.
Church events will be conducted to recognize and celebrate Legacy Fellowship members and their commitment to the future of the church. This is done with the prior approval of the donor. The committee respects the desires of any donor who wishes to remain anonymous.
When Alpharetta Methodist is included in the planned giving from your estate, please submit a completed Confidential Legacy Gift Confirmation Form to Director of Finance and HR, Helen Cork. All information is confidential. It is optional to include the expected value of your gift. Upon submission of the form, you become a member of the Alpharetta Methodist Legacy Fellowship.
- Parking attendants: Ensure safe and efficient traffic flow on Sunday mornings and for special large events, while extending a warm greeting to all. Contact Dave Guilbault.
- Guest Services greeters: Offer friendly assistance and information to guests and members on Sunday morning. Greeters work for about an hour and a half once per month. Contact Director of Discipleship and Connections Allison Nye.
- Coffee Ministry: Prepare coffee for the Connection Café on Sunday mornings. Contact Director of Discipleship and Connections Allison Nye.
Worship ministries focus on ensuring that church members and guests have a welcoming, positive experience when they come to worship on Sunday mornings. Worship ministries include:
- Acolytes: Serve during traditional worship services by lighting and extinguishing the candles on the altar and assist with baptisms. Boys and girls in grades 4-12 may participate in this important ministry. Contact Congregational Care Associate Pastor Rev. Terri Henkel.
- Ushers: Serve during traditional worship services, greeting people and helping them find seats in the sanctuary, receiving the offerings and assisting the church staff as needed. Contact Glenn Bailey.
- Communion stewards: Help prepare the elements and the communion table for Sunday morning worship services, typically on the first Sunday of each month and for special services. Contact Lari Palocsik.
- Sanctuary flowers: Reserve a Sunday to place flowers in the Sanctuary in honor or memory of a loved one. Contact Sarah Humber.
- Sanctuary stewards: Help keep our church attractive by replacing and organizing pew rack literature in the Sanctuary. The commitment is just 1 or 2 hours per week, for 1 month a year. Contact Debbie Guest.
- Vinebranch greeters: Greet and warmly welcome worshipers to the Vinebranch worship service. Greeters also distribute worship bulletins and collect the offering. Contact Rev. Brad Greene.
The mission of Alpharetta Methodist Preschool is to provide excellence in education with a Christ-centered foundation, fostering a lifetime love for learning and creating leaders in Christ. Learn more.